WombatRPGs Home Forum Index Downloads & Games Arcade

Brasington Lane Font Package for RPG Maker 2000

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    WombatRPGs - Forum Index -> Resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FTrapper

Joined on: 30 Jul 2009

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Brasington Lane Font Package for RPG Maker 2000 Reply with quote

Tired of the same old two fonts in every RM2K game? Wouldn't you rather have a wide selection of fonts, taken from numerous popular titles for the Super Nintendo, PlayStation, and Game Boy Advance? Now you can, with the Brasington Lane Font Package!

Here's a sample of all the fonts together for comparison:

1.) Advantasy (Various games for GBA and DS, 2004-Present by Square Enix)
2.) Bryon (Live-A-Live, 2008 Square/Aeon Genesis)
3.) Cerl (Breath of Fire, 1994 Capcom/Square)
4.) Cricket Pie (Super Mario RPG, 1996 Nintendo/Square)
5.) Forest of Doubt (Arcana, 1992 HAL)
6.) Gebara (Breath of Fire 2, 1995 Capcom)
7.) Kefkaesque (Various RPGs and fan translations)
8.) Lost Woods (Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, 1992 Nintendo)
9.) Magic Cake (Earthbound, 1995 Nintendo/HAL)
10.) New Alefgard (Dragon Warrior 1-4, 1989-1992 Enix/Nintendo)
11.) Nobunaga (Various SNES games from Koei)
12.) Nothing But Demons (Live-A-Live, 2008 Square/Aeon Genesis)
13.) Purpbird (Paladin's Quest, 1993 Asmik/Enix)
14.) Quintenix (Various SNES games from Quintet/Enix)
15.) Red Turnip (SaGa Frontier, 1998 Square)
16.) Shinra Sans Serif (Final Fantasy 7, 1997 Square)
17.) Sunset Kid (Live-A-Live, 2008 Square/Aeon Genesis)
18.) Tetujin (7th Saga and Brain Lord, 1993-1994 Produce/Enix)

All of these fonts have been carefully edited and calibrated to fit the necessary size limits for RPG Maker 2000 (RM2K). Because many characters had to undergo size reductions in order to show properly in RM2K, some detail may have been lost (particularly in some larger print sets, such as Quintenix). These fonts have also been thoroughly tested and proven to work, and they can be seen in action in Uberwall's RM2K "Let's Play" videos on YouTube.

The ZIP file comes with detailed instructions for installing the fonts, but it is important that you do not try to install them all at once -- only one from the RM2000 folder and one from the RMG2000 folder. If you use bitmap-based fonts (FON files) in any applications, such as MSPaint or mIRC, you can also install common-use versions of these fonts from the ZIP's base directory.

Also note that each of these fonts come with support for special characters in most European languages, including German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portugese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Slovenian, and Icelandic. Indogutsu tried to make all the accent markings as clear as possible. He also learned a lot of neat things about the special characters while he was making these fonts. For example, did you know that the circle over the Danish / is called a "volle," which means "little round cake?"

Russian (Cyrillic) is not supported, although the ZIP comes with the two English/Russian fonts from Don Miguel's English RM2K RTP if you wish to keep those.

Polish characters are not supported by any of the fonts in this ZIP. If you play any Polish-language games, special characters will not display correctly if you use one of the fonts in this ZIP. We at Brasington are aware that RM2K has a strong and devoted following in Poland, and many Polish RM2K users also speak English, so we thought we would include this disclaimer here.
Crenomaster

Joined on: 19 Mar 2008

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I've been looking for the Earthbound, or Magic Cake font for long time. I originally needed it for my EB fangame but I guess it will be still handy Wink

Kthx.
psy_wombats
Founder

Joined on: 02 Apr 2006

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is actually really neat. Much better than that stupid Dragul Pont Patch I've been using all these years. Any objections to a link to this in the Resources section of the RM2K downloads?
FTrapper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all, but make sure to mention that Indogutsu made this. Also, there's a chance it might not work on some systems, and you'll need Drakul's font patch instead. But it does work for some people, including Uberwall (one of the most prolific RPG Maker "Let's Players" on YouTube)
Crenomaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTrapper wrote:
Not at all, but make sure to mention that Indogutsu made this. Also, there's a chance it might not work on some systems, and you'll need Drakul's font patch instead. But it does work for some people, including Uberwall (one of the most prolific RPG Maker "Let's Players" on YouTube)

I like Uberwalls Let's Play videos, one made me laugh alot : D

Random Endor Citizen: This is Endor. Yeah I know you live here but just to remind you. You're Isod after all.
Isod: WHAT!? FUUCK YOU!

(Had to add another U because unfortunately, this site has really stupid censors)
psy_wombats
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gently caress you Creno; the censors are amazing.
Crenomaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's not, it sounds like you want me to stop swearing, which I can't. Swearing is one common trait to finns.
FTrapper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, if Uberwall made Isod say "GENTLY CARESS YOU!", it would've just been awkward and kinda sad.

In other words, completely in character for Isod.
quack_tape
Deity

Joined on: 20 May 2006

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if by "awkward and kinda sad," you mean "unbelievably awesome."

"This is rather as if you imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in - an interesting hole I find myself in - fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!'"
-Douglas Adams
Crenomaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I actually apply the font? I know I could just replace the old RM2000 and RMG2000 by installing those RM2K and RMG2K versions of the fonts but the old RPG Maker fonts fit in with some games and I don't feel like installing fonts always when I want to play a different game.
Aulos
Elite

Joined on: 26 Jul 2006

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! Out of nowhere, posts! Feels good to have some resource submsisions... speaking of fonts, here's a link to some of my secret (not really) Photoshop magic:
http://www.dafont.com/

There are many sites like this, just search for 'free fonts' or equivalent.

EDIT: Wow. Now I'm sad to see that these posts except for Creno's last were from a year ago.
Crenomaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't want crappy fonts. I want help on how to change fonts on RPG Maker 2k/3
psy_wombats
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crenomaster wrote:
How do I actually apply the font? I know I could just replace the old RM2000 and RMG2000 by installing those RM2K and RMG2K versions of the fonts but the old RPG Maker fonts fit in with some games and I don't feel like installing fonts always when I want to play a different game.

Hm, here's a little utility Cherry hacked together a while ago, though I'm not sure it's what you're looking for. It'll do the job though, and it's what I used to apply the fonts in Icthyology and Hallowombat.

chgfont.exe
 Description:
Cherry's font changer

Download
 Filename:  chgfont.exe
 Filesize:  541.37 KB
 Downloaded:  852 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address
Crenomaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I tried using chgfont but it didn't properly set the font, however, the chgfont you gave seems to work pretty well.
Crenomaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait what? When I test a font like Kefkaesque (FF6 Font on SNES) it works fine but when I press Ubernehmen, it doesn't work properly. Wat.

//Hmm, seems like most of the fonts won't work for RPG Maker 2003. Crap, and my game is being made with it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    WombatRPGs - Forum Index -> Resources All times are GMT
You are on page 1 out of 1

Go To Forum: